Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Unproductive" Days

The past 2 days have been rather hectic. For some reason, schedules were off. Both of my girls are definitely schedule babies. They like it when things happen at the same time everyday. Since things were happening at all the wrong times, they were grumpy. I spent 2 days trying to not be grumpy, restore the schedule, and help them not be grumpy.

Translation: not much housework got done.

Now, thankfully I was able to do quite a bit of housework Monday, and my husband is very understanding about these things. However, by the time I woke up this morning, I was rather discouraged.

But while I was talking to my grandmother, she reminded me that the most important thing I do right now is take care of my girls. Yes, that does require at least a minimal amount of housework so that we can wear clean clothes and eat off of clean dishes. But in the long run, helping them through a rough day is far more important than having a spotless house. Thanks, Grandma.

No comments: